block island shadows



























I just got back from a few days on block island where unfortunately my internet connection wasn't very reliable so I have missed visiting many of your wonderful blogs!
the above photo was a scene that I stumbled upon while out and about on my bicycle while touring there the other day. I loved the shadow behind the decorative anchor and immediately thought of tracy's meme, 'shadow shot sunday'. if you'd like to see more shadows please visit  and join in the fun.
if you'd like to see more detail of the shadows pictured here, just double click on the photo to enlarge.

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Good to see you back, Lily! Hope you had a great time! Love your shadow shot -- as always! What a neat place! Hope your weekend is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia
Gemma Wiseman said…
Beautiful, quiet ambience round this little place! Amazing that it is not so far from New York! And the shadow highlights the white structure!
Alexa said…
Just as well you're back home—it's raining cats and dogs on this pretty little cottage right now. Hope you'll be showing us more from your Block Island weekend.
KaHolly said…
Sweet little cottage, Lily! Reminds me of days gone by. ~karen
Daryl said…
I am sure w/o internet you had a lot of time to get out and enjoy yourself ... and take photos to share with us!
Marlene said…
Lovely shot Lily. This looks like a wonderful place to visit and sit a spell.
Pat said…
That is a beautiful, peaceful place.
Donna said…
Please let me know if you've done any post on Port Jefferson Harbor. It's my hometown and I would love to see it again!
JunieRose2005 said…
love this little cabin!

How I'd love to spend a few days there, exploring! :)

Love the shadow shot, too!

Junie
Victoria said…
Beauitful photo..lovely scene..and wonderful energy to it all.
Carol said…
What a lovely little cottage...so modest. Looks like a peaceful place to be.
magiceye said…
a brilliant composition!
Julie@beingRUBY said…
wonderful shot and wonderful cabin..
please tell me it looks out to sea and i'll pack my bags!!

have a great week.. Julie
E Makes Art said…
Hi! Thanks for your visit. I'm so happy to be joining in the SSS fun, so i could "meet" talented women like you! I love your photos! This one is so peaceful, I want to just pull up a chair with some iced tea and a book and relax for a bit in front of this house. Very nice!

Esther

Popular Posts