Obama and The Salvation Army

Hurricane-Sandy-Obama-2012-The-Salvation-Army




























driving towards old country road last week during the very start of our first nor'easter of the season, I looked up when traffic stalled and couldn't help but feel I was being sent a message.
I am afraid our country has forgotten about how much suffering is still going on here in the northeast. in a country as rich as ours, no one should be homeless. and to make matters worse, the holidays are approaching. and although every year at this time, most people will inevitably reach out to those in need - with all that is happening this year, where does one begin? hopefully obama's visit to long island tomorrow will bring our nation's attention back to where it should be.

if you would like to donate to The Salvation Army, please visit www.SalArmy-GNY.org


Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope so too. PGma
Pat said…
I not only donate to Goodwill and such charities when in the US, I also shop there.
Kitty said…
a timely message, and I'm so glad you shared it with us, Lily. We ought to be reminded every day of our good fortune and learn to give of ourselves.

I didn't know Obama was visiting LI. How cool.
Daryl said…
wonderful post ...

Popular Posts