behold...the russian teacake!



























my all time favorite christmas cookie, I bake these every year. I always use half the amount of butter and roll the balls small. I also make sure I bake them for only 10 minutes. but don't be afraid to try the recipe as suggested - I am sure most people would prefer the original russian teacake!
to share a part of your world or just see more of others, please go to "that's my world tuesday". a big thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, wren, and sylvia. 


recipe is from the 'betty crocker's picture cookbook'. please click on recipe to see a clearer image.

Comments

Sylvia K said…
You're going to send me off to bed drooling over these, Lily! They look scrumptious! I would love a hand full! Have a wonderful week!

Sylvia
Babzy.B said…
wow , beautiful cakes, Bon appétit !
Pat said…
They make something similar here. Will try these.
Anonymous said…
Mmmm.... looks delicious!
Karen said…
Yummy...I am going to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
KaHolly said…
My mouth is watering!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to give it a try! Maybe today! ~karen
Christine H. said…
I love Russian tea cakes. Half the butter? really, you can do that? I would never dare, but since you've already tried it and declared them to be good, why not!
Daryl said…
COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Good ole Betty Crocker the bible of cookery. Sorry I use all the butter, love the way the butter sops up the powdered sugar. It's just me. :-)
Oh and great shot. PGma
Alexa said…
Yum! (both the photo and the teacakes)!
I'm about to fix an afternoon cuppa—sure would love one (or more) of these to go with.
Thérèse said…
I'll probably try these pretty soon...

Popular Posts