Happy Mother's Day Great Grandma Sophie...




































I love this photo of my great grandmother. I love that she looks so happy relaxing in her Adirondack chair where she lived in Great Neck, with her daughter's dog nearby. It makes me happy to relax in my Adirondack chair with my dog nearby too - which makes me feel like we have something in common. I never got to know my Great Grandma Sophie (my middle name is Sophia - after her) but my mom has shared stories with me about how kind she was and how much she cared about her family and how hard she worked. One time while cooking with my mother I remember complaining to her about how I had an inexplicable aversion to measuring ingredients. My mother told me I inherited that from Sophie, who never measured anything and her food always tasted good, just like mine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did meet her, you were too little to remember,PGma

Popular Posts