christmas in july

Christmas-Tree-Window-Display-Sayville



remember this tree from last christmas? I don't know why I think of christmas every july but I do. maybe I'm happy not to have to think about the crush of shopping for numerous gifts for another few months. I once read a book with the same title as this post. the idea was to make sure to give to a local charity during this time of year since many charities receive much less now than at other times of the year. hmm...makes me think it may be a good time for me to drop off a bag of groceries at my local food pantry.


Comments

Shell Sherree said…
Christmas in July's very popular in Australia, Lily. Because it's melting summer at 'real' Christmas-time, it's nice to enjoy the more traditional hot comfort foods when it's actually cold here - in July!
Daryl said…
The food bank/pantry is an excellent idea .. and maybe in another life you were Australian ...
bobbie said…
Good idea! We do seem to forget there are needy people all year long.
Martha Z said…
Yes, I've been thinking a lot about the food pantry as there has been a lot of talk about the homeless here in Sacramento. Sacramento has declared it illegal to be homeless and refuses to find a "roust free" place for them.
Food and shelter, everyone has a right to both in my humble opinion.
Alexa said…
I also think the charities are suffering because most of us just can't afford to be as generous as we'd like to be.
Yeah, Shell, Christmas in the summer just doesn't sound right, does it?
I always think of the holiday season in September, because I work at magazines and we do the issues three months in advance (then when Christmas comes for real, I'm totally over it—bummer).
Janie said…
I'm glad I don't have to shop for family Christmas gifts yet, but it is good to remember that folks need help all year long.
Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, what a charming image.
I agree, Christmas should be thought during the whole year because people need help in all the 365 days.
Anonymous said…
We NEED Christmas in July! Great idea about the food bank/pantry.

I agree with Pietro: Charming image. And the spirit of Christmas should be 365 days a year. ;-)

Paz

Popular Posts