I love cypress trees


please click on photo to see swallows



and this is something I found so amazing about italy, all italians seem to have a wonderful sense of landscape design. every hillside that was planted with grapevines or olive trees or sunflowers had various sized groupings of cypress trees perfectly placed in just the right places amongst the different crops. if you enlarge this photo, you can see the swallows soaring.

today is skywatch friday, if you'd like to see more skies from all around the world, please go here, thanks to klaus and his team, sandy, ivar, wren, fishing guy and louise. a special note of thanks to ivar for a dedicated year of service, thanks ivar!

Comments

Martha Z said…
Swallows are so much fun to watch and Italy is such a beautiful country. You got a lot of great shots, thanks for sharing.
~Cheryl said…
Oh my goodness! I was impressed with the trees, then you added the swallows. Fantastic! Thanks!
chrome3d said…
In Italy beauty is everywhere. You can´t escape it.
Alexa said…
Ah, yes, when the swallows (or are they swifts?) come back to [not Capistrano but rather wherever you were in Tuscany], that sure makes for a fab photo—so thanks again for sharing with us.
Enigma said…
Awesome when enlarged. I don't always click on photos for a closer look...thank you for the prompt to do so! Wonderful!
Sylvia K said…
Lovely skies and swallows! Doesn't get any better than that, Lily!
And, yes, in Italy beauty is everywhere! How I would love to visit again! Great post, my friend!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia
Japa said…
Something we miss in our place. And there are lots of swallows. Beatuy capture in your frame.
Pat said…
They remind me of those little games I used to play with when I was little, the ones that had the magnetic shavings under plastic, and you could move them around to fashion shapes.
nonizamboni said…
Gorgeous photo! And swallows too...with your appreciation for Italy. A lovely post.
Happy Friday!
Hilda said…
I've never even seen cypress trees before! I like their wispy leaves. Happy SWF and happy weekend!
bobbie said…
Love the trees - and love the swallows!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful shot!

I love Italy and your photos.

Paz
Daryl said…
Wonderful shot .. I love the way the Cypress tree stands guard .. ever the protector
eileeninmd said…
VERY neat, I love the swallow sky too.

Popular Posts