smoke shop and shadows


please click on photo to see this tabacchi in pisa up close



the tabacchi in italy is more than just a tobacco shop. like the ones in america, they sell candy and trinkets, but in a rome tabacchi, we found our bus tickets there as well. they also sell phone cards, which are usually the cheapest way to phone outside the country of italy. I loved gong into the different tabacchis I came across. they always seemed so well kept and full of all kinds of things a tourist would like such as postcards, maps, and snacks.


thank you tracy, from hey harriet's shadow shot sunday meme. please go here if you'd like to participate or see more shadow shots. hope your sunday is a good one.

today marks the "official" last day of my daily italy reportage. tomorrow it is back to reality as I face the fact that, no, I am not in italy anymore. however, I do look forward to all that is good, right here on long island.

Comments

Martha Z said…
Love that bright orange on the front of the shop. Lots of great photos in Italy.
Alexa said…
Oh yes, the tabacchi is useful for all sorts of things. Sorry to hear that we must end our vicarious holiday in Italy. One of the nice things about having a blog is being able to "extend" your vacation and share it with so many people. Thanks so much for sharing yours, Lily—I've enjoyed every minute!
Hey Harriet said…
I love this capture...a lovely moment in time! All the varied colours match so well too! It's a glorious photo! Smoke shops there sound much more exciting than ones here! They also look much more appealing :)

Oh and thankyou so much for reading my little interview. Hope I didn't come across as being too dorky! xo
Pisa’s narrow streets
constrict each passing shadow,
squeezing out the light.

My Shadow Shot
Shell Sherree said…
Even the name is a little romantic sounding! Thanks so much for sharing some of your Italian vacation with us, Lily. It's been gorgeous!
Daryl said…
Another winner .. I love sharing your trip and getting these peeks into local life
bobbie said…
There's no place like home!
But I have very much enjoyed your photos of Rome.
Sylvia K said…
What a fun and colorful shot! I've really enjoyed all your shots from your trip! Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your day!

Sylvia
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your vacation, we all enjoyed it. Where to next? :-)PGma
Such a festive looking place. Nice capture.
Pat said…
Very much like the French 'tabac,' or so it seems. No real equivalent here.
I've enjoyed browsing through your posts from Italy, Lily! My husband is Italian and we spent a month in Italy visiitng his home town in Calabria and relatives from south to north one summer. Every place was beautiful. I can't wait to go back someday!

We just came back from a long vacation in the American West and I felt a little tied and "let down" -- vactioning is exciting but also a little exhausting, and coming back to real life can be hard. But there is nothing like "home sweet home" -- welcoem back!
Dianne said…
I love the building down the street on the left
what a fantastic color!!
Priscilla said…
The colors in this one are so interesting. Well done.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing Italy with us. Love these shadow shots in Italy. ;-)

Paz

Popular Posts