tango in rome

every day spent in italy held some interesting treat or surprise. here I was on this big adventure pleasantly overwhelmed with a different culture unlike my own yet I felt completely at ease. the first night in rome we were walking back to our hotel and this is the scene we passed. I felt like I was an extra in some really cool italian film. once again, thanks to my son ian for shooting this for long island daily photo. italy was a part of my world for 11 days, 11 days I won't soon forget.

this post is a part of my world tuesday. to share a part of yours or just see more of others, please go here, thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, ivar, wren, fishing guy and louise.

Comments

bobbie said…
This is really neat!
You must have had such a wonderful experience in Rome.
Daryl said…
How cool! Well done, your son is a budding Speilberg!
Sylvia K said…
What a fabulous shot, Lily! Kudos to your son! Didn't associate the tango so much with Italy as Spain, but being a big tango lover, I don't care where they're dancing it -- wish I was there!

So glad you had such a great trip!

Sylvia
Louise said…
That is SO cool! I can understand how you felt your were an extra in a film. I can feel that just by watching.
Ken Mac said…
fantastic! My gal loves tango.

Thanks for your comment re Mad Men. It's funny when you walk through Penn Station now. they have giant pictures of the old Penn Station up, like, are they taunting us? Hey look how beautiful this station used to be and now you have to scurry like a rat?!!

Enjoy your vaca!
luvmyboys said…
How cool! You don't see that everyday!
George said…
I've enjoyed all of your Rome posts. I haven't been there, but would sure like to visit. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Did you join in the tango?
mari said…
That reminds me of Buenos Aires. We'd walk around and see groups of people practicing the Tango. We didn't dare join them because we had taken only one lesson and were embarrassingly bad. But maybe someday we will...lovely video!
How lucky of you!?! When I was in Rome earlier this year, I saw some tango dangers at Campo di Fiore (sp) too.
Mark Kreider said…
Nice little taste of the dance of love.
Larry D said…
Great video! Italy looks magical.
Alexa said…
Come se dice in Italia: Ben fatto, Ian! Makes me want to dance.
SandyCarlson said…
Romantic and fun. Talk about a zest for life.

Popular Posts