Thursday, February 16, 2012

burke lake, virginia

Burke-Lake-Northern-Virginia




























I had the opportunity to celebrate "our" 50th birthday with my childhood friend at the end of january - her birthday is a week earlier than mine. I've known her since we were 11 but she lives in virginia now so I can't remember the last time we got to celebrate it together. since she is training for a marathon I walked around burke lake while she ran around it. don't ask me how I got lost in the woods. luckily I had my iphone and "maps" app help me find my way back to the lake! 

8 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

It looks like a very pretty place to be lost, but "lost" doesn't sound like a very good thing to be.
And a very belated, very happy birthday!
K

KaHolly said...

How tranquil and quiet. It's easy to picture how it would look in summer! Happy Belated birthday.

Daryl Edelstein said...

I got lost in Central Park several times .. and the worst part was I was never more than a few steps of Central Park West

Alexa said...

Happy belated b-day! This sounds like an excellent way to celebrate your 50th (btw, I don't believe it!), except for the getting lost part. :~} Thank goodness for our gadgets—sometimes.

Bibi said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sorry I forgot...I did know you were an Aquarius. Great photo of a beautiful place.

Kitty said...

oh, happy birthday, Lily!! hooray!!!
I'm glad you didn't stay lost too long. that must have been...nerve wracking!

Linda said...

Beautifully calm - I love these tranquil late winter days. Glad you had technology to hand to help you find the right road.

Hanspi Schär said...

Die exzellenten Farben, ergeben eine wunder schöne Stimmung!