b is for birds


please click on this photo to see the geese more clearly


I don't ever remember seeing these geese anywhere when I was growing up on long island. now it is common place to see them virtually everywhere there is some sort of open space, usually school fields or open park land. the buzz is, long island has succumbed to over development leaving very little room for the geese. it's unfortunate the geese are being crowded out. have you ever seen them fly in formation? lately everyday around 5:30 pm, I hear them flying over my house. they are fascinating to watch.
if you'd like to see more representations for the letter B, please go here. have a great wednesday everyone!

Comments

magiceye said…
that is a lovely capture!
Pietro Brosio said…
Beautiful picture!
Yesterday I have seen a raven in the park, I've called him but he has flied away very quickly! :-)
EG CameraGirl said…
Twenty years ago or so, Canada geese were endangered...or nearly so. You're right, they are everywhere now!
Rinkly Rimes said…
I think they just came for the snack. They're certainly enjoying a feed.
bobbie said…
I love the one with his head up.
And a love seeing and hearing them fly over.
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful photo. I've never seen geese in real life before. I'd love to see them flying in formation. That's too bad that they're being pushed out.

Paz
Anonymous said…
We have a lot of geese here, and often hear them flying overhead, honking directions and 'keep up at the back there' to each other. I love them.
luvmyboys said…
We were just talking about the geese the other day. I suggested that we call them Long Island geese now instead of Canadian because they never seem to leave! The other day there were about 100 flying overhead.
Unknown said…
I see Canadian Geese all the time. Kaishon loves to go to the park and feed them. Hope your day is blessed!
Carol said…
Nice photo...we also see geese all the time...they are pretty to look at...
Anonymous said…
Geese are on every track field at every high school across America. One time in FPM, there were literally thousands of them on the track. It looked like a scene from The Birds.
Anonymous said…
Heh, Jenna said the FPM comment...
ChrissyM said…
I live in upstate NY and I thought the same thing there seem to be more geese around this year. Great capture.

Thank you from the ABC Wed. team for sharing.
Tumblewords: said…
They used to fly over here as well, but have taken to staying year-round and depending on people to provide food. Interesting. Nice shot!

Popular Posts