saturday night at barnes and noble


please click on photo to see greater detail.



while returning a book, I decided to look for a valentines display for LIDP. well, I found the display, you can see that below. but what was really neat was that while photographing this other display on discounted health and fitness books, a little girl ran in front of me & did a twirl then skipped away. she seemed completely oblivious to me. it was the cutest thing. afterwards I looked around and saw that most of the people there were just hanging out quietly reading. it brought back memories of the many trips I have taken to the bookstore just to hang out. where do you like to hang out?

Comments

A Wild Thing said…
I remember all the trips to the bookstores to just read and dream...now I buy online from Amazon used books...there goes that word again...it's an ECONOMY thing...I'll just call it recycling!

And yes that change is certainly in the air, can't wait for the day. Then let's see some criminal charges be brought up to send examples to the rest of the crooks!
Anonymous said…
I am fortunate enough to hang out in my own home, I have everything I want here and some I don't. Peace and quite are what I enjoy the most. The freedom to do what I want for the most part. OK OK, is that too much information? :-)PGma
bobbie said…
Have any of those divine chocolate recipes?
As a kid I hung out in places like the library or the Phila.Art Museum.
Today I hang out at home, or by the bay or ocean in the summer, or at my favorite Leamings Run Gardens.
Fashion Schlub said…
I ADORE the book store. I make big piles, then cull through them...buy, leave, buy, leave...til I get it narrowed down to (hopefully) just one. Or two. But the process can take HOURS and is so enjoyable. I don't get to do it much these days...but I remember when....thanks for the reminder, Miss Lily
Alexa said…
Nice moment captured, Lily.
I'm just glad that B&N didn't drive our nice local bookstore out of business when they opened in Park Slope—'cause they're both good places to hang out.
Love hanging out in the park too, though not in this weather!
Anonymous said…
I love the bookstore. ;-)

Paz
dianasfaria.com said…
I know what you mean Alexa! when I lived in the village we spent a great deal of time in all of the local small book stores, now they are all gone! It's sad.

Popular Posts