snow, with madonna and child


please click on the photo to see greater detail



technically this sculpture of the madonna and child isn't black, though it looks like it is from a distance during the day. you can see its true colors at night when the spotlight that shines on it illuminates the green patina that has started to form over the last few years. dedicated to the memory of rose ferrante from her loving family, this sculpture has been standing in front of st. kilian's parish in farmingdale since 1998. sorry for the late post today. I wanted to get a shot of this while the snow was falling.

please go here for more interesting snapshots from true colors weekly photo meme. in case you haven't guessed it, today's color is black! happy thursday everyone.

Comments

bobbie said…
This is a beautiful shot. I can understand why you wanted to wait for the snow. Very effective.
Anonymous said…
It is a lovely statue....
I like the snow effect too..
That is such a CLASSIC shot!

Thanks for participating & sharing this image.
Love
Blue
maryt/theteach said…
That's a wonderful photo, lily! I have been taking photos of cemetery statuary, coincidence, eh? Another coincidence, is that my husband's godmother is named Rose Ferrante but she's alive and well and living in Staten Island. :)
dianasfaria.com said…
Thank you ladies!

Mary, you were actually the inspiration behind this. I had been looking at your cemetery shots thinking I would like to show some type of sculpture in LI too, which reminded me that I had wanted to photograph this for some time which then made me remember it was black & would also fit this meme, so a big thank you!
Anonymous said…
Snow is made for monochrome.
Lovely photo.. good choice for todays colour.

Thank you for your comments on my blog. Dina is my mum and those paintings were done at the same time. Neither of us knew that is what my Auntie was doing for us.

Have you any photo's of your Yorkie on here?
Marguerite said…
What a beautiful shot. Love the snow effect...It was definitely worth the wait!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

P.S. Looked at some of your previous posts--great pics!!
Pietro Brosio said…
Interesting shot and sculpture. The snow effect is really attractive.

Popular Posts