today is a new day


please click on this photo to see greater details of natures beauty



like all other long islanders, I woke up to natures beauty monday morning. as I was letting our doggie priscilla outside,(she loves to play in the snow) I noticed the sun just peeking up over my neighbors fence. I thought a new beginning was the perfect image for inauguration day. today's post is part of a wonderful meme called "that's my world". our new president Barack Obama is pretty big news around these parts, so his inauguration seemed like the obvious choice for today's meme.
please go here to see what others share from all around the world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful shot!

Paz
SandyCarlson said…
Photos like this one make me say, "Yeah," and feel totally at peace with the world.Thanks.
Janie said…
I'm looking forward to the new day and new administration, too.
Beautiful photo.
Guy D said…
Fantastic wintery shot, I love this one.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures
Louise said…
Beautiful photo. It's perfect for something new.
Pietro Brosio said…
What wonderful white trees.
Nice photo, Lily!
Rural Writer said…
Nice picture. Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Lovely light in the picture, works so well with hope for a new beginning!
Cheers from Africa,
Esther
bobbie said…
A new day indeed! An exciting and beautiful day! Your photo is perfect to start the celebration.
Arija said…
No matter what follows, most Americans will remember this day.
maryt/theteach said…
Yes, Lily, today is an extraordinary day for us and the country! Your photo is wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :)
Mamapippa ... said…
Still snowy. Here in Belgium, where we live, the snow is gone ...
Greetings !
Anonymous said…
Lily, Today has been a great day! I especially loved the benediction by Rev. Lowery. Sweet, humorous and loving way to close the official ceremony.

Oh, and that IS a great shot! best, m
Amazing shot! The trees looked like they were made of glass.

Popular Posts