zen and the art of the perfect backswing

Bethpage-Golf-Course-in-Winter



























while pondering the letter Z for today's abc wednesday post, one thing led to another leading me back to bethpage state park. I was thinking of the last time tiger woods played there and how exciting it was to watch him and the other masters play. there is almost a 'zen' like quality about these men. they seem to possess a type of focused mindfulness that one might witness in a zen master. then I came across this superbly funny shawn clement golf video that illustrates just how people who love to golf will look for any opportunity to improve their game, even if it's in the middle of winter.
my other post about the park was back in early june of 2008. you can see that one here.
if you'd like to see other representations of the letter Z, please go here.


Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, the green and the sky of this landscape are fantastic.
photowannabe said…
Lovely composition and choice of Zen for the final alphabet post.
Anonymous said…
a prefect choice to end the series! love the scene. see you in the next round!
bobbie said…
A great post for the letter Z.
But that photo! Wow! Just look at those clouds!
I had Zen too. I like your idea.
Liz Hinds said…
I think you're right about the zen-like quality of top sportsmen. Nice photo.
Anonymous said…
Love this
lv2scpbk said…
I just came from another site with Zen. Nice one.
Dragonstar said…
Great colours, and a good choice.

On behalf of the Team, thank you for participating in this round.
Anonymous said…
They will be playing in Bethpage again this year. PGma
PJ said…
It looks like industrial-grade installation art. Heavy equipment soon to follow?
I've never been to a golf tournament. I suspect it's quite different than watching it on TV.
Anonymous said…
There's also some zig-zagging going on with that orange fencing!
Carol said…
This is a beautiful photo....great colors....and I love the sky...good Z...
Kitty said…
wonderful photograph.
I have to question why they make those fences orange...for people to be able to see? In any case, it's the perfect shade of orange!

Popular Posts