b is for birds, the seagull type


please click on photos to see more detail



I was minding my own business, sort of, when a large group of seagulls flew up behind me. I fumbled for my camera hoping to get their reflection in my car window, but it was too late, they were too quick. depressed I didn't capture the photo op, I sat in my car for a minute wishing I hadn't missed it. as I drove through the lot I saw a another large group of seagulls hanging out. it seemed too good to be true. I slowly drove towards them stopping a good distance away so as not to frighten them. as soon as I stopped my car, the entire group flew directly towards me. I immediately opened my car window, and started snapping away. much to my amazement, they in turn settled down surrounding me all lined up on the pavement, most of them looking towards me, expectantly. and then the sun came out creating their shadows. and they waited patiently while I took a few dozen photos of them.



before I left, I thanked them for making my day, because they truly had.




today is abc wednesday thanks to our host mrs. nesbitt. the letter for the day is B. please go here to join in the fun.

Comments

Sylvia K said…
See how much your attention is appreciated in the seagull world!! What a great shot! They seem to be posing just for you! I love it, Lily! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sylvia
Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, I really enjoyed these beautiful images of the seagulls! What a charming light in the first one.
I like seagulls: they are so odd!
:-)
James said…
What a coincidence I posted a seagull too. Some people hate them but I think there cool and fun to photograph. Nice shots Lily!
photowannabe said…
How kind of them to cooperate for their photo opp. Great shots. The first one looks like it came from the movie, The Birds.
Pat said…
Second gull post today; believe it was James in Newtown who had the other. In any case, I love seagulls, which always remind me of California. These are lovely photos.
Jay said…
I love those serendipitous occasions, when things just seem to be presented to you! Great shots - I particularly like the first one!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week. :)
bobbie said…
This is funny because almost the same thing happened to me yesterday. I did get one photo I really like.
Marlene said…
Great shots! Now if they were here they would be asking for their handout, they are such little beggars.
Louis la Vache said…
hee hee
In the second and third photos, they look like a marching band!
Mara said…
You photoshopped the second photo! No other explanation for me: it looks fantastic.
Daryl said…
Most excellent post, super shots!
Fashion Schlub said…
I love sea gulls! I miss the Long Island sea gulls. I'm surprised I don't really see sea gulls much where I am now...I'm as close to the water now as I was in Islip...though I'm not hanging out in McDonalds parking lot as much :-)
Reminds me too much of the Hitchcock movie The Birds, which yterrified me. Nice photo, tho. - Ramblin' with Roger
What fun Lily! I bet the second group of seagulls thought thatyou were going to feed them :-)

I am doing a bird post tomorrow for another ABC blog evemt. So amny good groups to join..so little time.
Amy said…
Great post with birds that are known to cooperate too much - that means getting too, too close! Your photos are as close as I'd like to get, so thank you!
Lori said…
Wow, that is so cool. You got some amazing shots! I love the black and white shot with the light peeking through. That's really neat.
I'm with Roger! Reminds me of Tipi Hedron in the Birds!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh! I love everyone of these shots. My immediate thought for the first one was "Motion Thursday". Perfect photo of motion. I'm off to look for a motion shot to post for tomorrow. ;-)

Paz
Tumblewords: said…
Neat shots! Patience sometimes pays off! :)
Tash said…
Perfect! you did so well with the photos. They come inland to fields and parking lots here too when a storm is brewing.
Kitty said…
That is very cool. I love birds.
I'm assuming they didn't poop on you? lol

It's neat to think they hang out together.
Priscilla said…
Excellent. The light in the middle could mean so many things.
Anonymous said…
Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Popular Posts