soho, ny skyline and johnny depp





this first photo is dedicated to today's skywatch friday, taken in soho, ny this last monday.
check out more skies here, thanks to the wonderful team of skywatchers, klaus, sandy, fishing guy, wren and miss sylvia.

this second photo is dedicated to jay over at the depp effect, a charming blog that always makes me smile. hi jay!
if you have time for perusing an excellent take on greg house, from the television series "house" - I suggest you read Jay's post here. it really is quite insightful, thoroughly enjoyable writing.



and lastly, I decided to post this one below so you can see how everything fits together nicely.
I hope this movie is as good as it looks. though if johnny depp is in it, I am thinking it must be!



please click on photo to see all the wonderful details on this street in soho, nyc

Comments

Sylvia K said…
Love your post, love Johnny Depp and what a fun look at the day! You're the best, Lily! Just the light touch I needed to wind down my day. Hope you have a terrific weekend!

Sylvia
I love that sign in Soho Lily - it made me laugh!

I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in the new Alice In Wonderland movie!
Pat said…
Hey! We had/or maybe he's still here, Johnny Depp for quite a while. He was attending movie director Emir Kusturica's international film festival Kustendorf here in Serbia.
jay said…
Oh, how kind you are! Thank you! I'm so pleased you enjoy my writing.

And thanks for bringing me over here today - believe it or not, this is the first poster I've seen actually up on a hoarding anywhere! I've seen them on the internet, but not actually 'out there', so that was fun - and what a great display with the shop windows all decorated too!

Lastly, thanks for starting my day with a smile. :)
Unknown said…
i am looking forward to seeing this movie. i'm sure this will be a visual feast.:p
Wolynski said…
Great photos.

I, too, love Johnny Depp, but "Public Enemies" sucked - how can you make a dull movie about famous gangsters? "Bonnie & Clyde" it wasn't.
eileeninmd said…
What a fun post and photos, I love the photos and I am looking forward to the Depp movie too.
Anonymous said…
nice sky. is Johnny a French citizen now? He lives there.
Daryl said…
Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter Tim Burton .. seriously it cant be anything except astonishing ...

Lily.. fabulous photos!
Dianne said…
I love the giant Depp posters
I think he's going to be great in that movie
Unknown said…
My best friend Jen loves Johnny Depp. I am going to send her a link.
Paz said…
Very cool photos.

Paz
Anonymous said…
Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read stories like this. BTW add more pics :)
Alexa said…
They put those posters up in the subway station near my office and yes, I took pictures too. Can't wait to see Johnny as the Mad Hatter. Been enjoying your stroll through the Village, Lily.

Popular Posts