frozen jetty on long beach


photo courtesy my husband anthony



yesterday we looked towards the boardwalk from long beach, today we are facing the amazing atlantic ocean. notice the seagull standing on the partially frozen jetty? if you click on this photo you can get a better view of the huge ships out on the horizon as they make their way towards manhattan.

this post is a part of my world tuesday. to share a part of yours or just see more of others, please go here, thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, wren, fishing guy, sylvia and louise.

Comments

Erin said…
it always seems incongruous to see snow/ice at the beach. a most lovely capture...
Marlene said…
Beautiful shot, I love the ocean and sitting on the Jetty looking out to sea. Would not want to be sitting there now though, will wait until it warms up.
Janie said…
Great photo, especially enlarged. Interesting to see a sea gull on ice!
bobbie said…
Those rocks do look cold and slippery. It's a great shot.
Daryl said…
So lovely .. so cold .. what a brave little gull
Anonymous said…
Very nice scene. I'd love to walk along there, even if it's cold.

Paz
Sylvia K said…
Terrific shot, particularly when it's enlarged! I do love the water and I'm so glad I live so close to the Sound. This looks like a really beautiful spot -- cold or otherwise!

Have a good week, Lily!

Sylvia
James said…
Very cool in more than one sense of the word.
Babzy.B said…
I like the seagul in the frame , nice shot!
Wolynski said…
It's frozen and snowing everywhere - must be very cold, if it's frozen by the sea.

Lovely photo - how do these poor seagulls stay warm?
Lianne said…
such an interesting shot! it looks like you're by the beach but there's ice :)

leethroughthelens.blogspot.com
Pat said…
Seagulls with cold tootsies!
Anonymous said…
I had to do a double take because the 'Long Beach' near me has nothing frozen it it's jetty! Love you frozen shot ... just beautiful.
Hugs and blessings,

Popular Posts