are we in Vegas yet?

Are-We-in-Vegas-Yet?


































when I see reptiles I always think of the desert, places like las Vegas with its hot sunny arid heat - not so much like the yucky humid heat we have been experiencing on long island these last few days. not that I would mind other desert places, but in Vegas, you do get to experience a variety of things and I'm not inferring hangover part three type things either! I'm thinking of other things to do in Vegas like seeing a show or visiting the hoover dam. over the years I've seen a lot of shows in new york but the idea of seeing one in vegas then lounging by the pool afterwards sounds pretty sweet to me. 
but I digress, these lizards aren't actually from the desert. believe it or not they are from garden city long island. my brother pointed them out to me while walking through his garden on mother's day. here they are posing for the camera underneath the a.c. unit. 
legend has it they emigrated from northern italy back in the late 60's where they broke free enroute to a pet store
I wish they lived in my garden.




Italian-Wall-Lizards-in-Garden-City

Comments

Anonymous said…
ayy los reptiles me dan pavor.Los has pillado genial.Siento mucho lo que ha pasado de nuevo en tu país. mi corazón esta con ustedes.Besos
Anonymous said…
Those pics came out great, with your new camera? I wonder what name they have. PGma
Anonymous said…
Esther interpeted:
Ayy reptiles give me awe.The you've got great.I am very sorry about what has happened again in your country, my heart is with you.kisses

Sounds like a lovely person, PGma
Kay L. Davies said…
Escaped on their way to a pet store? Wonderful! Gotta admire the determination and ingenuity of these little fellas. "Now let's find an air conditioner to live under" is the second step, right?
I enjoyed this post a lot!
K
Alexa said…
Wow—I've never seen a lizard on L.I. Maybe I just have to go to Garden City, eh?
Anonymous said…
The story is true. If you google Italian Wall Lizards on Long Island you will see a study done by someone at Hofstra U. They are beautiful and have colonized in Garden City, New Hyde Park, and Franklin Square. They are in abundance at the Garden City Village Pool right near Adelphi University. GREAT pictures of my new A/C Unit too. Lynn :)
Pat said…
I like lizards and this is a pretty one.
Anonymous said…
The first comment translates to : although small these creatures are very tastey and free....!!
Kitty said…
ah, these guys scamper very quickly. You were lucky to get a photo!
Babzy.B said…
very nice portrait :)

Popular Posts