Mr Cardinal Enjoys a Bit of Lunch

A-Cardinal-Eats-His-Lunch





















I don't know why but I would love to know what he is munching on here, or, getting ready to bring back to his babies. Every spring without fail, a new family of Cardinals arrive in our backyard. This year they seem to be particularly rambunctious. I heard so much high pitched baby talk and fluttering of wings over by the forsythia I had to go check it out. After noticing Mr. Cardinal here, I walked closer to try and get a better look. He of course immediately flew up to a higher perch but a baby Cardinal still downy soft, stayed behind flying from one small branch to the next. It was the cutest thing.


Comments

Pat said…
Cardinals remind me of my childhood. Every year they would nest in a pine tree outside my grandmother's window.
Alexa said…
Lucky you! I had cardinals right outside my window one year, but they de-camped because my cats wouldn't stop staring at them and I guess they didn't understand that that's all the cats could do.
Shell Sherree said…
Very sweet, Lily! My mum has generations of magpies dropping in at her place ~ it's beautiful when they keep coming back.
Jeni said…
AS I'm looking at your precious cardinal pics and posts - all of a sudden I can hear my lil cardinals outside my window chirp chirp chirping..... xoxox

Popular Posts