Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mr Cardinal Enjoys a Bit of Lunch

A-Cardinal-Eats-His-Lunch





















I don't know why but I would love to know what he is munching on here, or, getting ready to bring back to his babies. Every spring without fail, a new family of Cardinals arrive in our backyard. This year they seem to be particularly rambunctious. I heard so much high pitched baby talk and fluttering of wings over by the forsythia I had to go check it out. After noticing Mr. Cardinal here, I walked closer to try and get a better look. He of course immediately flew up to a higher perch but a baby Cardinal still downy soft, stayed behind flying from one small branch to the next. It was the cutest thing.


4 comments:

Bibi said...

Cardinals remind me of my childhood. Every year they would nest in a pine tree outside my grandmother's window.

Alexa said...

Lucky you! I had cardinals right outside my window one year, but they de-camped because my cats wouldn't stop staring at them and I guess they didn't understand that that's all the cats could do.

Shell Sherree said...

Very sweet, Lily! My mum has generations of magpies dropping in at her place ~ it's beautiful when they keep coming back.

Jeni said...

AS I'm looking at your precious cardinal pics and posts - all of a sudden I can hear my lil cardinals outside my window chirp chirp chirping..... xoxox