Murdock's Last Hope Rescue

Pastel-Dog-Animal-Portrait-long-Island-Adopt-Murdock


































I was inspired to paint Murdock after meeting with the board at Last Hope Animal Rescue here on Long Island. Dr. Maquine shared his story with me and then later introduced me to him. She told me a Long Island volunteer organized a FB page called Adopt Murdock where I later found pictures of him enjoying life outside in the snow. A volunteer, who was kind enough to exercise and care for him posted dozens of pictures of Murdock just as he was meant to be; cared for and loved. It took over a year, but the amazing people at Last Hope wouldn't rest until they found Murdock his forever home. To quote from Last Hope's formal announcement of Murdock's adoption, "...for every dog there is a family".

Pastel-Dog-Animal-Portrait-long-Island-Adopt-Murdock



































Murdock's story has only furthered my belief that our four legged friends really are the enlightened ones here on this planet. His beautiful spirit is awe inspiring.

Comments

Thérèse said…
Such a sweet painting and such an inspiring post.

Popular Posts