feels like spring? and five years and counting...

Long-Island-Daily-Photo-Blogoversary



























yesterday marked my fifth anniversary in the blogosphere - a date easy to remember given it also happens to be the first day of spring. I remember when I first thought of blogging I had no idea where to even begin. I actually went to a bookstore and purchased the book, "Publishing a Blog with Blogger". now it's probably a collectors item. what keeps me blogging these last five years might you ask? too many reasons to list here - I'm afraid I'd bore you to tears. but I will tell you this, blogging is fun. it sort of reminds me of growing up in the 60's. as young as I was, I vividly remember being fully aware at the time that period being something of great significance. people seemed passionate and creative, sharing their ideas and opinions freely without being afraid to do so. and in the process all different types of communities were born as a result - sort of like blogging. there may be only one hundred people in the world who are so passionate about taking pictures of the sun, they would do so every day if they could. but if they happen to start a blog featuring their photos, eventually they will find the other ninety-nine - and then some. technology has made the world smaller in a very good way for those who are creative and enjoy sharing their creativity. for me, this is a really cool thing to be a part of.
so thank you my fellow comrades for joining me on this merry journey. it has been a great ride. : )


Comments

Shell Sherree said…
Happy 5th blogoversary, Lily! What a beautiful achievement. And aren't we lucky to have you. Thanks so very much for the glimpses into your daily life there. Hugs to you and Priscilla.
Thérèse said…
Not only "it has been" but "still is" I am hoping... :-)
Congratulation to your fifth blog's birthday!
KaHolly said…
Happy Blogoversary!! My how time flies!
Alexa said…
Happy anniversary to you and your blog, my friend! I love what you said about blogging and the feeling of "community" we had in the '60s. Very well put.
Happy blog Anniversary, Lily! I think I began blogging just a little before you. It has been fun crossing paths through the years through our blogs. I always feel like it is like having multiple pen pals -- we write and share and show photos and then get comments back. It's fun!
kay nuthatch said…
Happy blog anniversary, Lily! Congrats! And thanks for sharing your forsythia photo--- it makes me hopeful for the weather to come on L.I.! :-)
Daryl said…
happy blogversary! i love how you share your corner of longuyland ;D
Anonymous said…
Is that tree/bush in your yard? What kind of plant? Is that flowers or leaves getting ready to bloom? PGma
dianasfaria.com said…
Thank you all for your kind words. & yes Therese, it "still is" a great ride! - very much so!
& PGma, the Forsythia photo was taken back in Spring 2010. I haven't seen any blooming yet around here and I am anxiously waiting for them to do so. & I will be sure to keep you "posted" when they do.
; )

Popular Posts