easter's moon

Easter-Moon-Over-Farmingdale



























I discovered this while driving home from stop and shop early last evening. tonight is actually the real full moon though I wouldn't have been able to tell if I hadn't looked up the date. I also found out that the moon is actually moving away from us. according to the site moon information, the moon looked three times its size in our planets early days because it used to be closer to the earth. and if you've ever wondered why easter is a different date every year, it is because it is the first sunday after the first saturday after the first full moon after the equinox. I know, fascinating stuff, eh?

Comments

Alexa said…
Beautiful. And fascinating too—thanks. If I ever knew all that, I'd certainly forgotten it. :~}
Kay L. Davies said…
Too many "afters" for me to keep up with. I'm glad it's on calendars.
Your moon photo is fabulous, luminous...all the things a moon should be.
I've been saying "look at that moon" to my husband all week (he's the one with the long lens and the good eye) but so far, nothing, so I'm happy and grateful to have seen yours.
K
Thérèse said…
I like the picture as well as the explanation!
kay nuthatch said…
Beautiful! (Ironically, as I was headed east on the GWB last night, I was thinking "Gosh, the moon always looks so big when I catch it on a full moon night coming over the 'Bridge...")
Daryl said…
i missed it again ...

Popular Posts