my local library, a clean well lit place






has anyone ever seen the film wings of desire? remember the scene where they show people in a library with angels over their shoulders encouraging them to read? that is what I always think of when I am in the library.

I love farmingdale's library. it is such a perfect place to go to if you are looking for something to do. they have two big bookcases in the front with all of the latest releases, a huge CD rack & rows of DVDs. they even have books on tape. the large children's library has its own wing within the main library and downstairs are several rooms for classes ranging from tai-chi and yoga to drivers education.
if you click on this photo you can get a better glimpse of the magazine reading room. I just took out three different copies of this old house so I can get some ideas for a few winter DIY projects I would like to do.
do you ever go to your local library?

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
A very pleasant library, Lily. I like libraries: they are so quiet and relaxing.
Kitty said…
I really love libraries. They are the greatest, especially for little kids.

this one does look extremely tidy!
bobbie said…
One of my daughters works in our local library. I love it there. The entire staff is so nice and friendly. Good people, good books - what more could you ask?
Babzy.B said…
Wings of desire is one of my favourite film !
Anonymous said…
I consider my local library my office. When I'm working on a job (I write for magazines and also for businesses) it's the best place to go for a minimum of distractions. Although my eyes usually wander in the direction of the books around me, I see something that looks interesting, and spend nearly an hour procrastinating...
Annie said…
yes, always..I go to several local libraries, since they are all linked by computer! Whichever one I am closest to!

I even go to the library whenever I am visiting places. My daughter and I found her local library in NY...and I was happily snapping away, when she told me that the sign said no photos...mm...oops..

Annie

ps I find that there is so much local info available at a library.
Hey Harriet said…
I love visiting my local library. Libraries sure have changed over the years. Much different to when I was a kid anyway. They were once thought of as a place where only nerds hung out. Not now! They are quite the hub of activity. Even cool! While libraries have changed, I've not. I'm still a nerd ;)
I love my local library too. I go there a lot, especially during the summer to check out videos, magazines and books.

But our library is not as clean or orderly as yours look.

Popular Posts