organic apples on long island





this is just a small sample of the organic apple selection at fairway in plainview. I try to buy as much organic food as possible. it is good for my family and it is good for the earth. the only problem is, it can be expensive. this is why I love shopping at fairway. they have a wonderful selection of organic food throughout their store at competitive prices. they also have many other tempting foods like the low fat ravioli in their fresh pasta section, a wonderful cheese department and what I believe are the tastiest bagels on long island. there are so many different things that I love about this store I am realizing as I write this that I should probably do more than one post about fairway!
until then, do you believe in the old adage, "an apple a day keeps the DR away?

if you would like to see what is important to other people in their part of the world, please go here.

MWT Black
p.s. if you vote today, go into starbucks, tell them so & they will give you a free brewed tall coffee! pretty cool huh? update~ my son just heard on the news that Ben & Jerry's is giving away free one scoop cones & Krispy Kreme is giving away free star shaped donuts to all those who vote!

Comments

Flying Solo said…
Here organic food its dropping prizes, wich is wonderful :)
bobbie said…
Go Organic!

and Go Vote!
Anonymous said…
That Fairway sure sounds interesting. We do not have one here in SE PA although we have a few scattered Wegmen's (which I am told is topnotch).

Here, we have quite a few farmer markets. The Sustainable-Eat Local program grows each year and the challenges of fresh/organic food recipes are quite interesting to follow. Yes, it is a bit more expensive and has inspired me to grow at least my own tomato next year but often if you follow the seasons and there is a bumper crop, prices are more than reasonable.

Off topic - but I did follow the link you suggested on the winter blog entry for the Farm. I am a bit embarrassed as I drove by this every day on the way to work - also had friends that lived on the block further up the road. I didn't get to visit - why I don't know - but it all came back crystal clear. Thank you!
Babzy.B said…
A vote = a coffee , never see that in France ;)
Organic food it's expensive that's why i'm gardening now and grow may own organic vegetables !
AphotoAday said…
Great looking, and probably tasting, apples...
Anonymous said…
Oh, yummy - such a great time of year for good, crisp apples. Thanks for sharing your world and your market with us.

I'm going to test your starbucks rumor at the first opportunity!
That is a nice grouping of apples at your favorite store.

Please put My World in your titles and also call out My world where you say here. You can use our badges also.
FG/ My World Team
luvmyboys said…
Fairway is great and we never leave there empty-handed!

I try to buy organic as much as possible, too. It's great that more people are doing that.

I don't know if you know, but on Fridays at Nassau University Med Center in East Meadow, they have a Farmer's Market. I've never been to it, but saw signs for it. I think it goes through Thanksgiving and the goods are from locals.
Anonymous said…
Neat shot! Though I'd hoped to see more of Long Island itself! ;)
Cheers, Klaus

P.S.: Just to clarify Fishing Guys remark. Please mark your post, that it can clearly be identified as a MyWorld contribution. Does not have to be in the title - but it should be clearly visible. Thanks!
Louise said…
It's nice when you can find such things at a reasonable price. We have a place like that here, but that is definitely not everywhere.
Ken Mac said…
crunchy yummi-ness!
Morty said…
Ironically, we just took my little guy apple picking last weekend on the north fork. I like to think that when the apple is literally pulled off the tree that it is as organic as it can be. Fairway however is our favorite place for freshness. Another well timed post!
Fashion Schlub said…
I love Fairway! When I used to work in Jericho and go to yoga in Woodbury, it was easy to get there once a week. Now that I work in Commack, and never go to yoga :-( I'm NEVER by Fairway (boo hoo). Have you ever had their three-mushroom lasagna?? Oh. My. GAWD. It's to die for!
Unknown said…
We have limited access to organic food here, you are so lucky
Pearl Maple said…
You do manage to show us the best of your local region every week, a farmer's market is always great fun but organic is even better.
agree about organic products...i try to purchase as many as are available here in my area.
love the fall colors of the apples.
great shot...

Popular Posts