snowflakes on main street





it's that time of year again. these holiday lights were just put up a couple of days ago. I drove by tonight and noticed they aren't lighting them yet. I remember seeing them last year and they really looked pretty lit up as the sun was going down. the sky was getting darker but still had some blue in it and there was just enough contrast for the warm color of the lights to compliment the cobalt blue in the sky.
do you notice all the power lines in the corner of this photo? I know, they are kind of hard to miss. at least they aren't too noticeable when it's dark out.
do you like holiday decorations?

Comments

Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, Christmas decorations are beautiful, but, I don't know why, they make me a bit sad.
Have a good day!
Anonymous said…
they also put the decorations light in my town ,i like when they are lit in the dark ,the town center is suddendly changed ,it makes me happy !
bobbie said…
Snowflakes and stars in the streets of the town are so wonderful. You are giving me photo ideas now. Cape May City turns into a magic place at Christmas.
Anonymous said…
Yes Pietro, I also feel a bit sad, maybe we all think of family gathering years ago, everything changes. I think it's kind of melancholy. Looking forward to seeing the snowflakes lit. PGma
Wow! The Christmas lights are out.
Thanksgiving/Christmas is my favorite holiday season. I love the lights, the decorations and the happy faces.

It's like (suddenly) the cares of the world disappeared, even if it's for a few hours or days.
Unknown said…
Love them! I always think they come out too early (sometimes before Halloween!), but this year it's been so cold already, I don't mind the decorations and the music!

Popular Posts