Tuesday, January 13, 2009

old westbury pond revisited




























just around the corner from yesterdays horses, my son & I took post road to get to northern parkway, a shortcut through old westbury. back in october I first posted an autumn photo of this pond here. today's photo was taken from the opposite side of the pond.
it is a wonderful part of my world, a little slice of what I see as beauty here on long island.
if you'd like to see what others like about their world, please go here.


13 comments:

Babzy said...

the same place looks so different through the seasons ;)

Gattina said...

That's nice to see that the place looks always different !

Babooshka said...

Gorgeous to me, we still have no snow.

bobbie said...

It's a lovely spot. Whenever i hear the name "Westbury" I think of the Music Fair and the show "Pajama Game" so long ago.

maryt/theteach said...

Lily this is lovely and so is the Autumn shot from the other side. I love your photos... :)

maryt/theteach said...

My World Photo is at My World Tuesday

Photo Cache said...

I love the trees in this season when they are all bare and full of character.

My entry is at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

antigoni said...

Great post and photos.

D Herrod said...

What a beautiful snowy day.

Paz said...

Looks beautiful in all white.

paz

Pietro said...

The snow gives such a clear light.
Beautiful, Lily.

Morty said...

This site takes me back to my youth and learning to drive w/ my now departed dad. One of my favorite places to drive by often and take a moment to reflect.

technology said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG
jordan shoes