I guess squirrels don't like daffodils

New-Daffodil-in-Farmingdale



























I am extremely happy the daffodil bulbs I planted last fall actually grew! two days ago I was looking out the window at one of the squirrels in our yard happily munching away on one of fifty or so lovely white crocuses I had planted by our tree last year. he must have picked the flower as he had it cupped in his hand quite human like and stared me down as he speedily ate every last bit of each petal precisely one at a time. so gentlemanly was he I couldn't help staring right back at him enjoying his meal. 


Comments

Thérèse said…
Sharing can be sometimes difficult to accept!
Alexa said…
Such a pretty flower! My mom gave the squirrels peanuts so they'd leave her bulbs alone. Seemed to work.
dianasfaria.com said…
Hi Therese,
Yeah, they have pretty much taken over our property!

Thanks Alexa!
I'm afraid if I give the squirrels more to eat they will feel more at home than they already do. You should see them in our yard, all they do is eat. Eat, & taunt Priscilla - actually it's kind of funny. I should post some pictures of them.
: )
Anonymous said…
LOL at the squirrel or I should say, at your description of what happened with the squirrel. I'm glad he at least left the daffodils alone. :-)

Popular Posts