gun control on the viking fleet ferry

No-Firearms-Allowed-on-the-Viking-Fleet-Ferry



























this is the second time in the last two months I've seen a signpost similar to this. the first one was in arizona when we stopped at an overlook on the way to the grand canyon.  upon seeing this notice I suddenly found myself wondering exactly how many people around me might be carrying a gun - a thought, I will admit, that never occurred to me before. the photo below was taken aboard the viking fleet ferry while waiting to depart montauk for block island.


Aboard-Montauk's-Viking-Fleet-Ferry

Comments

Kay L. Davies said…
I went through more than half of my life not even thinking about guns (except cap guns when my brother and I were kids in the 50s).
It is a strange new world. I am not an American but I am almost 100% certain the American Fathers of Confederation never foresaw the trouble the second amendment would cause in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, or they would have worded it differently.
Now there are Canadian idiots quoting the American constitution as if it were their own. Nope, no guns in the Canadian constitution, guys. Lock up your pistols, carry your rifles and shotguns in racks where they can be seen and make sure they're not loaded.
K
Thérèse said…
Yes Arizona changed its laws about guns not long ago... quite scary. A step backwards.
Alexa said…
Actually, I think you might be surprised at the people you assume don't have a gun but—guess what? They do!
dianasfaria.com said…
I agree Alexa - I think I would be surprised if I knew ANYONE around me was carrying a gun!

Popular Posts