last cherry blossoms

Last-of-The-White-Cherry-Blossoms-With-Blue-Sky


























this shot was actually  taken well over a week ago. I noticed yesterday almost all the flowers were gone from our cherry tree! the beauty of the blossoms were fleeting but the cool thing is, the cherries have started to form and we got lots of them! It has been a family tradition to make at least one cherry pie every spring but we always have so many unused cherries and they are way too tart to eat raw. I think I may actually try and do some preserving of the cherries this year. I guess a girl can dream, right?

Comments

How sad flowers don't stay. we are having camelia, and they too will be gone in a few days.
Babzy.B said…
Cherry flowers are so delicate !
Shell Sherree said…
A girl can dream, Lily ~ aren't we lucky. :)
Kaori said…
I love how the Cherry blossom petals fall with the wind. I'm already looking forward to next year's blossoms! Beautiful photo :-)
KaHolly said…
We wait with such anticipation, then bang, it's over. Time passes at such an amazing rate. ~karen
Marlene said…
Lovely photo Lily.
Thérèse said…
Chocolate coated perhaps??
mari said…
I get sad when the cherry blossoms are gone. It means the heat is coming. eesh. That photo, btw, is gorgeous. And don't forget to show us the pies!
bobbie said…
Lovely, delicate blossoms.
Alexa said…
Gorgeous, Lily! How nice that you manage to use at least part of your harvest. (I have a big jar of cherries preserved in some kind of alcohol 40 or 50 years ago by my Sicilian mother-in-law . They're probably amazing, but I'm afraid to eat them!)
Daryl said…
Yum ... another really excellent photo, Lily.
Fashion Schlub said…
ahh, thanks for one last look, Lily....
Louis la Vache said…
Nice shot, Lily! E-mail ol' «Louis» a slice of that cherry pie in a few months when you make it, willya?!
Kitty said…
ah, beautiful!
It's a shame the flowering trees are in flower such a short time. I really like that time of year, too.

I haven't noticed the cherries after the blossoms, though. How neat that you put them to good use?!
Johnny Nutcase said…
great shot! we had a cherry tree when i was little and my dad and i picked them all every year - So many cherries! i loved it :)

Popular Posts