I've never been to england, but I have been to new england

Urban-Home-Providence-Rhode-Island
whenever I find myself in one of the new england states in america, I inevitably find myself dreaming about britain's england. last spring while traveling throughout new england inspecting its various colleges for our son ian, I was once again taken by the scenes I imagine to be inspired by the likes of london, england. here you see a typical home situated on a quaint urban street in the city of providence, rhode island. luckily for me there is always the virtual trip via sites such as london daily photo. yet I feel I must actually visit england one of these days and it must be in springtime when the weather has warmed enough to ensure a lush green stopover to one of their formal gardens or perhaps the famous maze of the hampton court palace - and that would only be the beginning. with all the things to do in london I'm thinking I'd need at least a month long stay. there's the westminster abbey, london bridge, shakespeare's globe theatre - and of course I'd have to see a show there. then there's saint paul's cathedral...ok back to reality. wait! I just remembered, I did buy a powerball ticket for last nights chance at winning $550 million, has anyone heard anything about a winner?

The-Brown-House-in-Providence-Rhode-Island
residents enjoy some exercise over by the brown house while I photograph some new england ivy, below


Door-with-Ivy-in-Providence-Rhode-Island






Comments

Pat said…
Very beautiful, and a breath of spring in our dull gray winter.
Alexa said…
Oh, you need to get to London for sure!
Thérèse said…
Plenty to dream... England is definitively a place to go in spring or summer...
Nori Katayama said…
Maybe we can find same residence in somewhere, but can't find same atmosphere in our country! Everything looks so elegant and sophisticated! U〜mmm!!

Popular Posts