montauk daisies in winter

Winter-and-Montauk-Daisies



























I hope we have a mild winter this year. I am so not liking the freezing temperatures we've been having. I keep thinking about the beach and the sun and not wanting to wear a winter coat. oh well, it's only three more months...
I was leaning over a neighbors fence this past autumn examining these daisies when the homeowner came along and asked me what I was doing. I don't think she noticed my camera at first because as I started to answer her, she apologized for interrupting me. she was very sweet.
can you see the insect hiding in the daisy's petals? it's easier to spot if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it. 
I think it might be a baby grasshopper.


Comments

Massimo said…
I am looking to the summer as well !

but in the meantime... Happy new Year from a cold Italy !
Thérèse said…
These daisies are a nice reminder that we need to be patient and accept the winter season to be able to see them back next summer.
Daryl said…
a perfect pick me up for a cold cold day
Alexa said…
This shot is the perfect antidote for a chilly and mostly dreary day. I'm ready for spring too—guess we'll just have to be patient.
Hilda said…
Whatever it is, it seems to find the daisy petals delicious. I just love the simple beauty of daisies.
Babzy.B said…
Happy new year to you and your family ! :)

Popular Posts