winter is here

Autumn-Leaves-Under-Ice-at-Caumsett-State-Park-NY



























as you can see, there was some ice over at caumsett where I hiked with my family the other day. as you can also see, despite the freezing temps, the vegetation wasn't too quick to give up its last breaths! below is a shot of the equestrian center's grounds. though the trails to the long island sound were closed, a walkway loop remained open so people could hike the preserve or ride their bicycles. one brave soul must've circled that loop on his bike passing me at least three times while I walked. I love riding my bike but in the winter it seems so much colder to ride a bike than it does to walk.
hope you had a good first day of 2013. is anyone ready to go back to work yet?

Equestrian-Center-at-Caumsett-State-Park-NY



Comments

A fine photo to define the season. Really like all the neutral tones and the textures you show us.
Thérèse said…
Such a delightful picture with the frozen oak leaf, if this is one of course...
Daryl said…
love the icy leaf

Popular Posts