leg lamp lighting in northport



























this photo was taken a couple of sunday's ago when I photographed that yellow painting in portofino's. just down the block at northport hardware company, ian and I discovered what looks exactly like the leg lamp from 'a christmas story' on display in their window. according to laurel and lily's shopkeeper, every year there is a tradition in the town of northport to commemorate the lighting of the leg lamp. there is actually a vdeo documenting the celebration on youtube as well. this year the lighting will take place saturday november 27th at 7pm and all are welcome to attend.
to share a part of your world or just see more of others, please go to "that's my world tuesday". a big thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, wren, and sylvia.

Comments

Kay L. Davies said…
Would someone have to pay an arm and a leg for that lamp?
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
Sylvia K said…
Oh, my kids and I watched that movie every year for ages and laughed and loved it every time! I can't believe you actually found a lamp like that!! I WANT it!!! How fun! And what a fun post for the day!!! Hope your week is off to a great start! Enjoy!

Sylvia
Pat said…
Lighting a leg lamp is definitely a new 'tradition'! Clever, but not so Christmasy! I think this is a beautiful store that you captured so well.
Lesley said…
I don't think I would particularly like to own the leg lamp, but I would like to be able to see it every year, so this is a great compromise!
Arija said…
Light up your legs, Christmas is coming . . .
Babzy.B said…
what a funny lamp !! :)
Wolynski said…
Nice to see a hardware store - they don't exist in Vegas anymore. I needed a clamp - impossible to buy.

Great photo.
Marlene said…
Love that lamp and that is my favorite Christmas movie. It is amazing that you actually found a real life lamp like that.
Daryl said…
What a fun and funny tradition!
EG CameraGirl said…
Very funny. Someone in my neighbourhood has a leg lamp like that in their front window. I kid you NOT! :)

Popular Posts