beautiful birds


please click on this photo to see the adorable birds up close



pet lovers usa has the prettiest picture window. well actually the window is just a standard store front but the birds inside are so bright and colorful you can't help but notice them flying around as you drive by. when I pulled over to take their picture, they seemed to literally clamour for my attention. it was hard not to take one home! long island is filled with pet shops big and small. this shop is one of the smaller types. finding places like this are what I feel make long island an interesting place to live.
this post is part of a fun meme called that's my world. if you'd like to hear stories about other parts of the world, please go here.

Comments

chrome3d said…
I have the adorable white one.
Louise said…
They ARE a bit irresistible!Maybe they are easier to resist when you can hear them.
Pietro Brosio said…
I always like your fine shop-windows photos. This one is fantastic.
Anonymous said…
Super cute! Reminds me of how much I'd like a parrot, but with a young Rhodesian Ridgeback on my hands, now is probably not the best time... :-)
bobbie said…
They are so pretty - and so varied in coloring.
luvmyboys said…
I didn't realize the little rainbow guy was a bird. I'm glad I took a closer look. They're so cute!
Anonymous said…
In Kindergarten, our teacher took us on a parrot seeing trip to the field next to our school. Some birds had escaped from a pet shop and were spotted throughout our village. The only one we saw was dead. )-; Jen
Janie said…
Those are beautiful birds. We got my daughter a yellow cockatiel for her 12th birthday and it's still with her 14 years later. Birdbrain (as we call him) says about 5 phrases. He can get pretty insistent with them at times, too, when he really wants attention!
Very pretty photo. Pet stores are always fun.
Gaelyn said…
The birds are certainly colorful, but such messy pets. Had a parakeet as a kid, Tweety.
Anonymous said…
A pretty picture, indeed.

Paz

Popular Posts