fat tuesday

Easter-Candy
please click on photo to see more detail


or mardi gras ends at midnight tonight. traditionally this is the day when some christians indulge in their favorite food and drink before a long fasting period that lasts until easter. it is no surprise that my local waldbaums grocery has their holiday aisle prepared ahead of time for the holiday festivities. some might want to sample an easter chocolate or two while they still can. though we all know nobody celebrates fat tuesday better than the good people of new orleans!
this is the latest news in my world and this post is a part of my world tuesday. for more interesting stories from all around the world, please go here.
do you celebrate fat tuesday?

Comments

chrome3d said…
The easter chocolate bunny time always comes so fast. Thanks for reminding me.
Anonymous said…
I don't celebrate Fat Tuesday..But I notice that the stores are way ahead of things as usual....
Pietro Brosio said…
We have Fat Tuesday, but for me it's always the same food: I don't change it neither in the holidays nor in Lent! :-)
Arija said…
i wonder how and where the trasition from Shrove Tuesday to Fat Tuesday occured?
Just reminded me it's pancake day. Always thoguth Mardi Gras must me a wonderful sight to see.
bobbie said…
Love your festive photo!
Louise said…
I guess I'm glad I don't deprive myself for 40 days or that picture would have made me REALLY hungry!
Anonymous said…
Unfortunately, everyday is fat Tuesday for me. It's bad. I gotta change...
Unknown said…
I don't celebrate Fat Tuesday, but maybe I should looking at that display!
Jack and Joann said…
Hi there! I had a Mardi Gras tree in my living room. Come see. And guess what I'm going to declare right here what I'm giving up for lent this year: both wine and chocolate. Oh, it is going to be a long lent!
Annie said…
Ah, that is funny..we always had Shrove (or pancake) Tuesday!
Anonymous said…
I'm just wondering if Fat Tuesday could be celebrated with healthy foods.. or does it have to be foods that you'll gain some weight? -Cris

Popular Posts