petal belle


please click on photo to see more details


is the name of a tiny cafe in soho on sullivan street in manhattan. walking by, my son and I noticed this place looked so warm and inviting we had to give it a try. it turned out to be the perfect antidote to a grey chilly wintry day. sitting by the window we enjoyed both the tea and the view. when I inquired about the statue, the shop keeper told me it was a gift from st anthony's church across the street- what a nice welcome from their neighborhood. I hope their business does well. I would love to go back there again. if you'd like to see what petal belle's delicious waffles look like, please go here to ming's fabulous new york city daily photo.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the name and the sound of this cafe.

Paz
Pietro Brosio said…
This is very nice, Lily.
I always like so much your refined images of the shop windows and the interiors of cafes, restaurants and shops.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful statue...

Looks a lovely venue for afternoon Tea.... :-)


p.s. Don't forget there is an award for you, if you would like it....
Do I not see a blue can on the shelf?

Sounds a delightful tea room

Best wishes
Blue
Anonymous said…
This is a nice looking statue.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo
chrome3d said…
Happy tea times at petal Belle!
bobbie said…
It sounds like a very pleasant place to stop.
OMG, my friend works there.
Janie said…
Beautiful name, and glad you enjoyed your visit there. I like the statue photo. How nice and homey to keep a gift from the nearby church displayed in a prominent location.
dianasfaria.com said…
Hi & thanks Paz!

Pietro, I always enjoy your subjects as well, especially your paintings.

Double thanks Dina, you are very thoughtful.

Blue you made me LOL-I saw that can but it just didn't seem like it was enough!

Thank you Mr. Lincoln.

Hi Bobbie & Chrome3D

Ming, the freaky thing was discovering you had waffles there after I posted. Your photo is an excellent representation of how truly delectable they are.

Thank you Janie, my sentiments exactly.
Daryl said…
I love Sullivan St. Its still has that neighborhood feeling to it .. friends of Husband have lived there forever ... next time I am down there I will stop into Petal Belle!
Anonymous said…
That area was one of the most enjoyable places we have spent time in. Got to do it again. :-) PGma

Popular Posts