fasting anyone?


please click on photo to see more details


today is ash wednesday, the beginning of lent. many food establishments brace themselves with supplies of fish on this day as well as all of the fridays in lent. it's also not unusual for the local pizza place to be quite busy since the rule is, you should abstain entirely from meat on ash wednesday and all subsequent fridays up until easter. I see Friendly's is way ahead of the game providing seafood for the older ones while the younger ones get to eat ice cream. at least that is what I suspect is going on. whatever the case may be, today's post is part of abc wednesday & the celebratory letter is F. my theme being, fasting on fish at friendly's. please go here if you'd like to join in or would just like to see others take on the letter F, thanks to mrs. nesbitt.

Comments

chrome3d said…
I always eat too much if I can eat as much as I want to. better stay away from those.
Pietro Brosio said…
Besides pizza can you have there the pasta too?
Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, about your question in my post: yes, there are some paintings on the wall behind the fountain; that's nice, isn't it?
That was a good one for the F. Love it. Have a fun abc:)
Hey Harriet said…
Fasting on fish at Friendly's is a clever take on the 'F' theme! You've covered the letter well with this cool post. The 'all you can eat' shrimp has just reminded me of a very funny episode of The Simpsons, where Homer managed to eat ALL OF THE SHRIMP in an all you can eat restaurant...hehe. That crazy Homer!
Nop


Just celebrating Fat Tuesday :-)

xoxo Tyra
bobbie said…
Very clever use of "F".

I miss Friendly's. I'd enjoy the fish today.
Daryl said…
Very clever ... growing up ALL my pals observed meatless Fridays ...
Annie said…
Very clever business!
Carol said…
Nice take on the letter F...our Friendlys is not sporting that sign....
Anonymous said…
I'd starve! I don't eat fish! LOL!
Tumblewords: said…
Fish - a good thing! Sundaes - better! Nice post...
Double Hawk said…
I dunno if I'd really eat shrimp from Friendlys...
Dragonstar said…
That's a clever combination of F words!
Pat - Arkansas said…
Clever find for the "F" post. I'm don't observe a true fast because of my age, but I do try to cut out a lot of stuff during Lent.

Popular Posts