bridge over northern parkway



..or Northern State depending on what you like to call it. On Long Island, there is the Southern Parkway running on the south side of our island and then there is the Northern Parkway on the northern side. most people I know refer to either one by saying something like, "take the Northern State to the S.O.B. (the name of a real road, I kid you not) heading south till you hit Hempstead Turnpike." but if you notice the road signs, it will only say Northern or Southern Parkway and they do not include the word state. I've mentioned this before with regard to the Southern parkway here, but I never mentioned the Northern parkway. I know, fascinating stuff, right? If you like bridges in general, please go here and check out this weeks cool photo hunt meme.
please click on this photo if you'd like to see the moon, up close and personal.

Comments

YTSL said…
Looking at this photo, don't ask me why but my main thought is: I bet that was a cold day when that photo was shot! ;S
Anonymous said…
sometimes your photos stir up my love relationship with Long Island - then I remember how rushed and crazy life was when we were there,which stirs up the hate part of that relationship ;0) I loved traveling on the Northern and Southern pkwy. LIE - not so much...
Are there many oysters in Oyster Bay?

I played too :)
dianasfaria.com said…
Teena, I think there might be since I have heard hey have an oyster festival every year.
; )
Anonymous said…
Interesting to see a part of the world I don't know at all. Thanks for visiting mine. :)
Carver said…
That's a beautiful bridge and I love the way you caught the full moon too.
Anonymous said…
Ahhh...I know the area very well great shot!

Happy Weekend.
Anonymous said…
Great shot for the theme. Happy weekend.
MmeBenaut said…
I love this photo Lily. A little bit of everything and even the bins look charming. The bridge is stunning.
Priscilla said…
Oh, what a familiar sight! Good old Robert Moses.
Anonymous said…
Interesting name for a road. :-) Love oysters... hope to find myself in that part of the world someday.

Thanks for visiting mine. :-)
The Chicagoan said…
That's a pretty cool picture. I've always found bridges very symbolic, even going under the bridges. And thanks for reading my blog. its great to get other peoples input on what you have to say.
Pietro Brosio said…
Excellent picture, Lily. The bridge is interesting and the moon up there is fantastic!

Popular Posts