blimp over farmingdale


please click on photo to see blimp up close



I don't ever remember seeing this blimp before. in fact
I don't recall having seen the blimp all summer until the us open started a couple of weeks ago. normally the blimp flies over my neighborhood as it makes its way to and from republic airport in farmingdale. searching for blimp information on google, I came across this interesting story here. if you scroll down to the end of the article there is a neat video about what it is like taking a ride in a blimp.

please click on photo to see more detail

Comments

James said…
Cool pictures but I wonder how many drivers were distracted by the blimp. :-)
Babzy.B said…
Thanks to you ; i 've learnt a new word ;) The link is very interesting!
bobbie said…
"How's Our Driving?"? Just how carelessly can a blimp drive? Pretty funny I think.
Daryl said…
I am guessing it was there to cover the Open
Anonymous said…
Very cool shots.

Paz
Lori said…
It must be peaceful to take a ride in a blimp. (As long as it is not up too high!) You took some beautiful shots in Italy!
I always see blimps over football arenas during games and occasionally over crowded beaches to advertise, I never knew people ride them to Republic airport?
Janie said…
"How's our driving" is a pretty funny comment on a blimp. Nice shots!
dianasfaria.com said…
Bobbie, when I was looking up info on blimps there was a report about one that crashed into a Manhattan apartment house in 1994! No one was seriously hurt thank goodness.

Daryl, you are right, it was on its way to the Open.

Pat, the blimp sometimes park and refuel at Republic. this one was used for camera men to take pictures of the U.S. Tennis Open.

Popular Posts