shadows and fish


please click on photo to see shadows up close


I haven't been to the teaching garden at Farmingdale State College since last April. Thankfully I made it back there yesterday before the frost kicked in.  It was a simple delight to walk through the different garden "rooms" and take in all of their amazing plantings. I was also looking for shadows to photograph and was surprised to find them here. Aren't they a cute little family? My son noticed the four little ones followed their Mama and Papa wherever they swam.


thank you tracy, from hey harriet's shadow shot sunday meme. please go here if you'd like to participate or see more shadow shots. hope you are enjoying fabulous weather today.

Comments

chrome3d said…
I think I have never seen a fish family like that. So very cute. Thank you!
Gina said…
Fantastic SS..really love the composition with the foliage and soft shadows off to the left..and of course the fishy shadows are very cute! Well done! :)
Hey Harriet said…
I've never seen such a cute little fishy family. The big mum and dad shadows are great, and I can just make out the subtle little shadows of the kiddie fish. Really sweet shot!
Alexa said…
Lily -- this is a wonderful shadow shot! (And also just a great photo—period.
Marie said…
A lovely shadow shot!
Wherever the fish
swish their feathery tails—ah,
dark shadows appear!

My Shadow Shot
Dianne said…
I love the little ones :)
they look like they're following
what a wonderful photo, the shadows really add depth to it too
Margaret Gosden said…
A pretty photo as well as appropriate - I often pass the college and will check out the Teaching Garden about which I had not heard!
Sylvia K said…
Lily, that is fabulous! How cute they are and what a lovely shot! Perfect!

Have a great day, you and the fishies!

Sylvia
bobbie said…
Look at those little fishy shadows!
I have never seen a family of fish before either.
Super shot!
Janie said…
Spiders are amazing creatures. They're such good engineers!
Great close up photos.
luvmyboys said…
How cute! I wonder if the Mommy or Daddy fish ever asks "Do I have to come back there?" LOL!
Catherine said…
wonderful fishy shadows here..
Anonymous said…
Beautiful pictures. I love them. I have only walked outside the greenhouse, this fall. I will need to explore more :)
greetings, nikoleta

Popular Posts