david outside the palazzo vecchio


please click on photo to see david up close, thanks again ian



the original david used to stand outside the palazzo vecchio until it was replaced with a replica in 1873. thankfully someone realized the damage the elements were causing michelangelo's original and so moved it inside to safety. once again today's photo credit goes to my son ian. I hope you all enjoy this photograph as much as I do.

today is skywatch friday, if you'd like to see more skies from all around the world, please go here, thanks to klaus and his team, sandy, ivar, wren, fishing guy and louise.

Comments

knb311 said…
David's got a friendly visitor skywatching with us. Beautiful catch.
Sylvia K said…
One of my favorite statues -- had a small replica from Italy for many years and loved it! Such a terrific shot and perfect against the sky!

Enjoy your weekend, Lily!

Sylvia
AL said…
Yep I enjoyed looking at David considering that it is one of the oldest sculpture, you're lucky to take a photo of it.
Linnea said…
Perfect lighting against that gorgeous sky!
Danton said…
Wonderful skywatch photo.
Have a good SWF weekend.
Guy D said…
Fantastic capture, doesn't get any better than this.
Indrani said…
Fantastic capture!
I hope to see this soon.
chrome3d said…
He has an artistic eye for sure. The little birdy makes it complete...as if the sculpture and the sky were not enough!
bobbie said…
David looks as if he's ready to release a carrier pigeon.
Lily H:

Somehow I don't think we're in Long Island any more!
j said…
That is a beautiful photograph.

Have a great weekend!
Lori Skoog said…
A fabulous photo by your son...of course we can all enjoy it.
James said…
That is an outstanding photo. A real treat for the eyes.
Alexa said…
Ah, yes—David and his pet pigeon! Well done, Ian. Your shot is spectacular. I hope you got to see the well-preserved original, Lily (the one you're NOT allowed to photograph—though I did).
That is a cracking image. When I was in France I came across the Statue of Liberty on a beach. Honest. I have to upload that image.
Pietro Brosio said…
Very fine perspective and colors!
Carol said…
Good shot Ian...you took it from a great angle....impressive statue...
eileeninmd said…
Great shot! I like the little birdie too.
Janie said…
The David sculture (complete with a cute bird) is beautiful, but I'm glad the original has been moved to a place protected from the elements.

Popular Posts