flower power

Antique-Iowa-Postcard

















Antique-Iowa-Postcard

















whenever I happen upon a stack of old postcards I always think of christine's blog 'the daily postcard'. I've written about christine before on my blog and although she posted her final post last november - her ideas and insights into postcards still inspire me to look for the ones with the messages on their backs. you can imagine my delight when I found this one in sedona's hummingbird house gift shop. the saying on the front is lovely and the fact that it was sent to lizzie from bonnie in what looks to be the year 1910 is even sweeter. 

"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out" ~Walter Winchell

Comments

Alexa said…
Bonnie didn't have a whole lot to say—but she did send her friend a very nice postcard. (I'm thinking from the address that Danbury, Iowa, wasn't a huge place either.)
dianasfaria.com said…
Isn't it amazing how much we can surmise from a postcard? Ever since I found the site, The Daily Postcard" I have never looked at a postcard the same way again - they are just filled with clues.
Pat said…
That's so beautiful. Don't you love to imagine the story behind this card?

Popular Posts