Thursday, June 25, 2009

milwaukee art museum


please click on photo to see more detail


last weekend I was in milwaukee for a wedding. luckily the city's art museum was within walking distance from our hotel. designed by santiago calatrava, the museum's pavilion looks like a huge sail boat docked on the shore of lake michigan. in order to gain access to the upper most "deck" you must walk across a bridge that is suspended over one of the cities major roadways. personally this added to my feeling that I was about to board a grand ship. I found entering this structure in this way quite thrilling. once inside I found the interior equally wondrous. check out the view of lake michigan from the inside of the art museum.

10 comments:

Babzy said...

Wow, the entrance is beautiful !!

chrome3d said...

Woohoo, what a sci-fi construction. That place sure offers a true out of this world experience.

bobbie said...

WOW !!!

matthew houskeeper said...

I just found your site, and am glad I did.
Nice work!!!
I'll be back.

Paz said...

Very cool!

Paz

Elizabeth said...

All I can say about the top picture is WOW!!!!

Daryl said...

Lake Michigan is like an ocean ... the first time I saw it I was in awe ... that museum is one I would love to wander .. and take pix of .. thanks for sharing!

James said...

Wow, that is a really cool looking picture.

mari said...

Very Wow. How interesting!

Kitty said...

neat-o. I love his work.
Amazing the wings don't stress the structure at all, but these structures are engineering marvels.

I'd love to visit someday!