milwaukee art museum


please click on photo to see more detail


last weekend I was in milwaukee for a wedding. luckily the city's art museum was within walking distance from our hotel. designed by santiago calatrava, the museum's pavilion looks like a huge sail boat docked on the shore of lake michigan. in order to gain access to the upper most "deck" you must walk across a bridge that is suspended over one of the cities major roadways. personally this added to my feeling that I was about to board a grand ship. I found entering this structure in this way quite thrilling. once inside I found the interior equally wondrous. check out the view of lake michigan from the inside of the art museum.

Comments

Babzy.B said…
Wow, the entrance is beautiful !!
chrome3d said…
Woohoo, what a sci-fi construction. That place sure offers a true out of this world experience.
Unknown said…
I just found your site, and am glad I did.
Nice work!!!
I'll be back.
Anonymous said…
Very cool!

Paz
Elizabeth said…
All I can say about the top picture is WOW!!!!
Daryl said…
Lake Michigan is like an ocean ... the first time I saw it I was in awe ... that museum is one I would love to wander .. and take pix of .. thanks for sharing!
James said…
Wow, that is a really cool looking picture.
mari said…
Very Wow. How interesting!
Kitty said…
neat-o. I love his work.
Amazing the wings don't stress the structure at all, but these structures are engineering marvels.

I'd love to visit someday!

Popular Posts