Sunday, September 12, 2010

on a clear day in coney island
















I have been wanting to visit coney island since the beginning of this summer. finally, yesterday I had my chance. it was the perfect day, low humidity, cloudless blue skies and not too crowded. we may have gotten there a tad bit early. the rides open at noon and I think we arrived around 10:30, which was actually quite nice since I felt like we had the place to ourselves for a little while .
I had to laugh when I saw this sign posted by the cyclone, which by the way is a new york city landmark.
please visit  hey harriet's, 'shadow shot sunday'  meme if you want to join in the fun or if you'd like to see more shadows. & a big thank you to tracy for hosting shadow shot sunday too.

14 comments:

Kitty said...

ha, great sign.

Glad you made it out to the boardwalk Lily, before it became too cold.

Lynne said...

I went to Coney Island years and years ago during the trash strike in the '80's. It looks so much prettier now!

Marlene said...

Fun sign, had me chuckling. I love old roller coasters and that is a beauty.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Love the sign :D Never been to Coney Island and it looks like so much fun. Great photos

Daryl said...

I hear its really fun and clean now ..

Emakesart said...

Great photos, and I love the sign. What a crack up!

Kay L. Davies said...

Interesting photos, and a real sign of the times.

Kay
Alberta, Canada

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

Love the sign...to the point!

Coney Island, what a fun place in it's day, remember how terrifying those rides used to be...but we survived(must've been the hot dogs)!!!

Halcyon said...

Very funny sign. I guess it does the job!

Alexa said...

That's great! You know I love Coney Island, and especially the Cyclone, so thanks for this. And did you stop at Nathan's for a hot dog?

Hey Harriet said...

That's a cool sign! I'd so love to visit Coney Island one day! It looks so magical when I see it on TV or in a film! One day...

I hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Thérèse said...

Fun! and what a humorous sign!

Fred Miller said...

Back in college, we thought that sign was so funny we had a group photo taken with it.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I hope you had a good time Lily! That sign made me laugh