cul de sac is the name of this excellent italian restaurant


please click on photo to see rustic bread up close



at the piazza pasquino. authentic reasonably priced italian food. and this was just the appetizers! my dish, the closest to the lower left hand corner was an appetizer of seasonal vegetables. I am guessing the eggplant and peppers were stuffed with bread crumbs and cheese. whatever the case may be, it was delicious! luckily I dine with a sharing bunch so I got to taste the fresh salad and mozzarella with basil and tomato as well. there was also a side of baked ricotta (behind the bread basket) that when tasted, melted in your mouth. the word sublime comes to mind when I think back on this dining experience. as you might be able to tell, food is a big part of my world!

this post is a part of my world tuesday. to share a part of yours or just see more of others, please go here, thanks to klaus for hosting with his team of helpers, sandy, ivar, wren, fishing guy and louise.

Comments

Annie said…
ymmmm..sounds delicious...thanks for sharing your meal with us! Good to catch up here, have been busy with family and weddings.
bobbie said…
It looks so wonderful!

My mom never once cooked Italian that I remember. When I married an Italian, he taught me so much, and I am SO glad!
Kitty said…
Wowee.
That looks delicious!!! aargh! I am so jealous!!!

Looks like you're having a sublime time away!
Pat said…
Oh, wow, does this look good...this summer I photographed just about everything I ate...
Daryl said…
Mine too ... nothing better than a good meal with good friends ..
Arija said…
French name for an Italian reataurant in NY, a little bizarre perhaps, but the food sounds great.
Louise said…
Oh yum! I think I need to go get a snack!
Alexa said…
This looks delizioso! I always photograph the food when I'm in Italy too—at least I can look at it when I'm back here and living on Lean Cuisine (sigh).
SandyCarlson said…
That makes me delightfully hungry!
Pietro Brosio said…
Lily, I'm glad you appreciate the Italian food! Nice shot of the meal!
maryt/theteach said…
The meal looks and I'm sure tastes, wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :)
Jessica said…
Cul de Sac is quite good...glad you found it.
You are making me HUNGRY!!

Awesome photos! Am enjoying looking at all your photos from the trip.

Popular Posts