Mall Sculpture




























Does anyone have any idea where this is or what this is? Some of you may have noticed I dropped a big hint in the title of this post.
On another note I'd like to say, since I have started taking pictures for this blog one year and four or so months ago, I never realized how my love for Long Island would exponentially grow. Preblog I spent a lot of my time noticing all that was wrong with this industrialized, over populated, extremely noisy land. 489 posts later I spend the better part of each day looking for beautiful or at least interesting things to share with you about this crazy place. It certainly has shifted my perspective. Now I notice things like this, this and not to mention this.


Comments

I'm sorry; I have no idea what this is, but it seems to be a symbol of some mall building, coated by intentional gross steel work.

Brand New Blog on Fresh Quotes
And yes, not to forget to mention that you have indeed explained what you have started feeling now about the same place. It's normally just a perspective that creates a good or a bad impression of any particular place [there are exceptions too :)]

Swaminarayan Temple in Dwarka
Wolynski said…
And what is it supposed to be?
When we start photographing a place, we look at it with different eyes. For instance, people don't notice the ugly electrical wires running all over the place in Vegas, but now I do.
Parts of LI are stunning, like the Hamptons and the beaches - interesting place.
Anonymous said…
Merely a guess, but it looks like the tail of a whale to me. When I was in 4th grade, way back when, we took a class trip to a whaling museum somewhere on LI (Sag Harbor?) and I really got a feel for this history and soul of this beautiful and abundant land (which is what LI is underneath all the glitz and grime).
Daryl said…
No idea .. I dont think I have ever been to that mall ..
Pietro Brosio said…
You are right, Lily: with the camera one learns to pay attention to the beautiful things of one's country. :-)
Anonymous said…
I don't know what it is but I know that my dad helped make this sculpture. He worked for that company for many years and now every time I see it, I think of him.

Popular Posts