pencil in the sky





sorry for the off kilter photograph but it just didn't look as good cropped and I've been wanting to show you the water tower at robert moses beach for awhile now. I have been trying to take this photo as I drive past the "pencil" and this is as good as I could get. don't worry, my husband was driving.
with the exception of the rough seas due to sporadic thunder showers, we've been having perfect beach weather lately.

today is skywatch friday, if you'd like to see more skies from all around the world, please go here, thanks to klaus and his team, sandy, ivar, wren, fishing guy and louise.

Comments

Jim said…
That's an interesting water tower. I also like the way you presented this off kilter photo.
Sydney - City and Suburbs
Linda said…
A big, chubby pencil is exactly what it is. I wonder if the architect just drew his or her pencil!
Jane said…
Great photograph, its actually quite interesting that you posted it at an angle-thanks for sharing:)
bobbie said…
I like this water tower.
And I love off kilter photos. They make things much more interesting at times.
chrome3d said…
That was an enjoyabale adjustment to the "pencil" and the horizontal line. Enjoy the blue skies as long as they last.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Great pictures. The tilt is perfect for some reason.
Linda Jacobs said…
Very dramatic! I like how you captured the starkness.
VioletSky said…
Love that water tower! And I like how the bare blue sky pales as it reaches the horizon.
Daryl said…
It is reminiscent of a pencil .. and I like the angle you posted it at/in.. different is good...
Carol said…
This is a cool shot, and It does look like a pencil. I like the tilt also.
You would need a big sharpener for this. I like the quirky angle. Water towers have always fascinated me we just don't get them here.

Popular Posts