first beach trip


please click on photo to see more interesting detail


here on long island many people think of memorial day as the "official" start of the summer season. some celebrate the long weekend with a barbecue or a trip to the beach while others are busy working. sunday I visited one of my favorite beaches in southampton. it was too cold to go swimming & I was too lazy to go for a walk so I opted for a nap on the beach instead. I don't often take naps during the day so it was a nice treat for me. if you'd like to see what is happening in other parts of the world, please visit the meme, "that's my world" here, thanks to klaus and his team, sandy, wren, fishing guy, ivar and louise.

Comments

Gaelyn said…
Looks pretty quiet, what a great place for a nap. Nice capture.
Kitty said…
ah, happy summer, Lily!
it was a gorgeous weekend. We were very lucky
Guy D said…
Looks like a great place to relax and read a book, great photo.

Have a great week
Guy
Regina In Pictures
Shell Sherree said…
I love that fence! Beautiful capture, Lily.
Sylvia K said…
What a great, quiet place! Perfect for relaxing and grabbing a nap! So glad you were able to enjoy a little get away, Lily! And your photo is terrific!

Have a great week!
chrome3d said…
It looks quite lonely out there.
Copenhagen said…
What a beautiful beach-I always wanted a house near one.
Wolynski said…
Aah, the money season has begun on Long Island. Beautiful photo - I've been on that beach.
BLOGitse said…
quiet, cold...but a relaxing nap - good idea! :)
Daryl said…
What a lovely shot .. and I like the new format ...
Priscilla said…
Lovely composition!
bobbie said…
It's a lovely beach.
I love snow fences, and the shadows and the drifting sand.
Janie said…
Looks like a beautiful beach, not too crowded, with long expanses of sand for a trek.
Morty said…
Welcome back Summer!
luvmyboys said…
What a great place to nap!
Marites said…
oh, would love to explore there. it looks peaceful.
Is that Jones Beach? I have such good childhood memeories of trips I took there off season with my siblings and my Dad. We loved to beach comb in the spring and fall, off season.

Popular Posts