poppies in may

Poppies-in-May































earlier this month I posted a poppy picture from last summer's garden. I had written what I would imagine I would find when this years bloomed. I was so completely wrong. just look at these! the sun was shining so brightly when I snapped this photo. I have never seen this little patch in my garden so beautifully illuminated like this before. and I almost didn't check the garden yesterday morning! it makes me shudder when I think of how close I came to missing out on this display of beauty. I hope you like them as much as I do. happy thursday everyone.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
Absolutely gorgeous Lily!
Shell Sherree said…
Oh, that took my breath away, Lily! {In a good way, of course.}
chrome3d said…
I can´t think of anything more colourful! Just brilliant.
bobbie said…
Poppies are fabulous! I just read the "this old farm" blog, also on her poppies. I must go out and get some today.
Lowell said…
They do pop out at you, don't they? Very beautiful. Glad you took a look when you did!
Anonymous said…
*gasp!* Oh! This is a beauty! Thanks for sharing with us.

Paz ;-)
Daryl said…
What a beautiful poppy .. just in time for Memorial Day weekend!
Ken Mac said…
stunning color!
Copenhagen said…
I like this flower. Quite pretty.
EG CameraGirl said…
Poppies...one of my very favourite flowers! This is gorgeous!
2sweetnsaxy said…
I don't know if I've ever seen a mixed colored poppy before. They're so pretty! :-)
dianasfaria.com said…
I'm glad everyone liked them as much as I did.
These are actually one color poppies. the sunlight and shadows make them appear multi-colored. It was pretty neat to see the sun work its magic in this way.

Popular Posts