the lilacs are blooming


please click on photo to see lilac details up close


I don't know which is better, the lilacs lovely scent or their sheer beauty. then again, why should we have to choose when we can enjoy both. right now lilacs seem to be blooming in every neighborhood on long island. the saying goes, "april showers bring may flowers". unfortunately this lilac in my backyard doesn't have many flowers left after the pummeling rain we had last week!
I don't want you to miss out, so don't forget to enter my give away here! or, if you are having trouble leaving a comment, email me with the word giveaway in the subject at,
lily.hydrangea@gmail.com

Comments

Copenhagen said…
I wonder why the lilacs are not blooming in Montreal...
Pietro Brosio said…
Beautiful photo of the lilacs!
Here, the hills of Turin are in bloom too!
Catz said…
Oh Lilacs are my favorite flower in the spring. They are everywhere in Delta and I just love to walk Miss (www.lucyspeak.blogspot.com) Lucy in the evenings and inhale the wonderful scent of them and feast my eyes on thier beauty! Thanks for the lovely picture of them.
chrome3d said…
Sorry about the rain that washed it all away.
Hey Harriet said…
I can almost smell them through the screen! I don't have lilacs growing anywhere near me...
Fashion Schlub said…
ahhh, lovely lilacs. I *used to* have a spectacular old OLD lilac shrub that had TONS of blooms every may...but the neighbors have this awful weed vine tree killer mean evil thing that grows onto my side of the property (both things are practically on the property line) and kills everything it gets into - the lilac is now dead save ONE tiny little branch...it even toppled a HUGE old street Maple. I asked them to whack it down, their evil vine tree thing, and they said they would but they never did...and it's just too rampant a grower for me to keep cutting it back. this thing is like the kudzu of the north. so. no more lilacs for me :-( but thanks for sharing yours, water-logged or no, they are beautiful...
bobbie said…
Lilacs are special. Your photo is lovely. So many flowers did suffer in the driving rain.
julie king said…
oh they truly are lovely! our lilacs were short-lived here in ohio! rain and wind did their damage!
Daryl said…
Lilacs are so pretty ... that rain last week de-flowered a lot of trees, bushes and plants
luvmyboys said…
Mmmmmm....I'm taking a deep inhale now. They're still beautiful despite being waterlogged. :-)

Popular Posts